Open Enrollment has closed. Luckily, Coloradans can still buy 2019 health insurance under certain scenarios, also known as Life Change Events”. If you experience one of these events, you have a
60-day window to buy or change your plan, known as a Special Enrollment Period.
If you experience any of the events below, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Events include but are not limited to:
- Loss of minimum essential coverage (job-based coverage or Health First Colorado, Colorado’s program)
- Birth of a baby, adoption of a child or placement of a child for foster care
- Getting married
- Gain of lawful presence
- Change of dependency status of someone on your plan
- Turning 26 and aging off your parent’s plan
- Move to a new permanent address in your state – certain conditions apply
- Changes in your income that affect the amount of Cost-Sharing Reductions (lower ) you qualify for
- Changes in your income that make you newly qualify for (lower monthly costs)
- Changes in your income that make you no longer qualify for the (lower monthly costs)
- Leaving incarceration
- Change of tribal status
- Starting/ending AmeriCorps service
- Incorrectly or inappropriately enrolled in a health plan due to an error or omission on the part of Connect for Health Colorado or someone working in an official capacity to help you enroll
- Violation of the contract you had with your health insurance carrier
- Loss of an exemption to purchase health insurance coverage
- Change in affordability of employer-sponsored insurance
If you think you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, please contact Connect for Health Customer Service Center at 855-PLANS-4-YOU (855-752-6749) as soon as possible to avoid a gap in coverage.