While Open Enrollment ended on January 12, 2018, there are some scenarios that qualify many Coloradans for enrollment outside the regular period.
If your 2017 health insurance plan was not offered for 2018 you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period that would give you through March 1, 2018 to choose new coverage.
If you experience any of the events below, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Birth of a baby, adoption of a child or placement of a child for foster care
- Change in marital status
- Move to a new permanent address in your state – certain conditions apply
- Changes in your income that affect the financial assistance you qualify for
- Change of tribal status
- Become a U.S. citizen
- Leaving incarceration
- Change of dependency status of someone on your plan
- Death of a covered member of your household
- Turning 26 and aging off your parent’s plan
- Starting/ending AmeriCorps service
- Incorrectly or inappropriately enrolled in a health plan due to an error or omission on the part of Connect for Health Colorado or someone working in an official capacity to help you enroll
- Violation of the contract you had with your health insurance carrier
- Loss of an exemption to purchase health insurance coverage
- Change in affordability of employer-sponsored insurance
- Loss of minimum essential coverage
If you think you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, please contact Connect for Health Customer Service Center at 855-752-6749 as soon as possible to avoid a gap in coverage.