The spring 9Health Fairs may have been canceled because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but now we have partnered with Quest Diagnostics to provide a way for you to receive many of the preventive blood screenings you’d normally find at a 9Health Fair, plus COVID-19 antibody testing.
By getting the COVID-19 antibody test you can help Colorado’s health officials understand the demographics of communities affected by the virus. Also, those that test positive for antibodies may qualify as potential donors of convalescent plasma to help those with severe cases of COVID-19. Click here to learn more about the COVID-19 antibody test.
In addition to the COVID-19 antibody test, you can use your same blood for other 9Health preventive screenings. Preventive care is always important but especially so during the COVID-19 pandemic. The screenings give you a baseline of your overall health and help you discover personal risk factors that make you more vulnerable to health issues and complications from COVID-19.
We talked with 9Health Expert, Dr. Payal Kohli, and Dr. William Becker from Quest Diagnostics on Facebook Live about the screenings you can get, who should get a COVID-19 antibody test, and the measures Quest has taken to ensure your safety when you go to a Patient Service Center to have your blood drawn.
Discover if you’ve had COVID-19 and uncover your personal health risk factors with the 9Health Discovery Kit!
The screenings available include:
- Checks for immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibody which results from past exposure to COVID-19
- Takes around 10-18 days after being infected to produce enough antibodies
- This is not a test to check for active COVID-19 infection
- Shows what type of blood you have
- Early research shows, certain blood types may be associated with a higher risk of severe COVID-19
- Provides information on your blood glucose, cholesterol, electrolytes, liver, kidneys, thyroids, and more
- Can help you and your healthcare provider monitor and identify health issues such as diabetes and heart disease
- Can help to provide a general picture of one’s overall health.
- Information about white blood cell count, hemoglobin concentration, hematocrit value, and platelet count
- Measures average blood sugar control for the past 2 to 3 months
- Indication of your risk for type 2 diabetes, and for people living with type 2 diabetes, it indicates how well your treatment plan is working.
- Important for producing DNA as well as to maintain proper functioning in your nervous system
- This is an important vitamin for healthy immune function
- Helps the body absorb calcium to form and maintain strong bones
- An important vitamin for healthy immune function
- Measures the amount of overall inflammation in your body
- Can help measure your risk of developing cardiovascular disease
Again, there are 35 Quest Patient Service Centers that are offering the 9Health Discovery Kit screenings.
If there’s not a location near you, click here to learn about 9Health atHome. You can perform some of the preventive screenings at home however you can only get the COVID-19 antibody test from a Quest Patient Service Center.
Once you get your results from your screenings or if you have questions before signing up for screenings you can talk to a 9Health Neighbor. Leave a message with your question and a 9Health Medical Volunteer will call you back within 24 hours. Call 303-698-4455 ext. 2005.
9Health is a 501c-3 community non-profit empowering people to put health in their own hands by providing tools such as preventive health screenings, evidence-based, objective health education and eTools and resources for every day in your health journey.