How ePrevent Works
Diabetes prevention and a lifestyle coach in the palm of your hand! ePrevent is a virtual diabetes prevention program with the right tools right at your fingertips. Get help managing your weight by becoming more active, eating healthier foods and healthy portions, and getting enough sleep. As a participant in the ePrevent Diabetes program, you will learn about making healthy lifestyle choices through interactions with your coach and the evidenced-based diabetes prevention curriculum created and endorsed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For less than a weekly coffee habit, ePrevent is an investment in your health that pays big dividends!
1 Log weight, food, mood
- Learn to create mindful connections between weight, activity, food and mood to make better health decisions.
- Integrates with Fitbit and Garmin fitness tracking technology to track your activity, sleep and more.
2 Receive support
- Your lifestyle coach will be monitoring what you track.
- You will receive daily tips and ideas to keep you motivated and inspired.
3 Watch progress
- Learn how to better your habits and daily decisions.
- Your coach will always be up-to-date on your progress or challenges.
How lifestyle coaches work with you
- Help you to make positive health choices and stay motivated.
- Educate and support you to achieve specific health goals; whether your goal is to lose weight, stay independent, increase energy, improve your overall health, or even to keep up with your grandkids.
- Monitor your daily metrics, progress, successes, and challenges.
- Provide accountability and deliver small bites of motivational and educational information each day right into the palm of your hand.
How ePrevent can help you : prediabetes is reversible
- Although making changes may seem tough, small changes are the key, and those small changes really add up. While not everyone will be able to fully reverse prediabetes depending on risk factors, most people will be able to significantly lower their risk.Losing just 5-7 percent of your body weight can slow or even reverse prediabetes. For a person who weighs 200 pounds, that’s only 10-15 pounds.
- Staying at this healthy weight in the long run is very important to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes. Being more active, eating healthier foods and healthy portions, and getting enough sleep are great ways to help manage your weight.The key to boosting your chances for success is to make a realistic plan and to set realistic goals. Take it one step at a time, and remain patient during the process. It doesn’t happen overnight, but it does happen!