The 2019 9Health Research Fair at the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center has passed, but you can still participate! To learn more about or participate in a variety of research studies underway at CU Anschutz, visit ResearchStudies.CUanschutz.edu.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook to get up to date informaiton about the next 9Health Research Fair!
Why Research Is Important
Research helps us:
- Understand more about diseases
- Learn about new ways of treating and preventing disease
- Understand why some people get sick and others do not
- Can help us catch illness before they become harder to treat
- Helps us learn more about new and better medicines, surgeries that are more effective, and vaccinations to help prevent diseases
- Research can also help us learn new ways of doing things to be healthier – you see this when you hear about weight loss research, exercise research, and research about stopping smoking
Some research studies are looking at medicines and how they work and if they work, while other studies may study people with a certain disease to try and learn more about that disease. There are some research studies that need normal people from the community to participate to compare to. Research is important to help us learn more about disease, health and how to treat it and to do this researchers need volunteers to participate in research studies to help learn more about the diseases people get and how to treat and prevent them.
2019 Research Studies
Type 2 Diabetes Research
TMIST Breast Screening Study
Type 2 Diabetes Research – [email protected] or 303-724-9198
TMIST Breast Screening Study – https://researchstudies.cuanschutz.edu/Search/Study?ProtocolID=7182
Asthma Research – 1-844-365-0852 or [email protected]
Rheumatoid Arthritis Research – https://www.stop-ra.org/
Weight Loss Research Studies
Brain Alcohol Research
Weight Loss Research Studies – https://anschutzwellness.com/research1/participate-in-research/
Sleep Disorder Study
Family Planning Research