Standards for Interactive Educational Centers (IEC)
Any individual or organization, which provides educational materials and interactive health education, may request approval to participate as an Interactive Educational Center at 9Health Fair, at no charge, at the discretion of the Medical Advisory Committee. Participation is a community service and not meant to expand business or professional clientele.
Standards and Requirements:
- Interactive Educational Centers are a service to the community and must uphold the mission of 9Health Fair: to promote health awareness and to encourage individuals to assume responsibility for their own health.
- Education must be general in nature and interactive with the participant. A specific program or product may not be promoted. (Example: Athletic wear can be discussed in general; however, a specific brand such as Nike cannot be promoted as the best or recommended brand.)
- No product or service may be sold or offered for sale, including food, food products or samples, or drinks of any kind.
- Acquiring a list of names, fundraising, requesting donations, soliciting for membership or distributing promotional materials to be used at a later date (50% off coupons, etc.) is strictly prohibited.
- We do not generally take a position on political issues. As such, we do not allow political polling or allow PACs or lobbyist groups to participate as an IEC at the health fairs.
- IEC representatives are not allowed to treat, perform screenings, make diagnoses or provide referrals of any kind, regardless of their qualifications.
By signing and submitting the IEC request form your organization agrees to adhere to the above-listed Standards for Interactive Educational Centers. Violation of any of the above standards will result in immediate removal from the 9Health Fair site and participation in future fairs. This request may come from any authorized 9Health Fair representative (staff, district or site coordinator). 9Health Fair reserves the right to approve or deny participation by any individual or organization.
For more information please contact: