As the largest volunteer-driven, non-profit health and education program in the nation, 9Health appreciates and relies on the contributions of our volunteers to ensure all our operations are running smoothly. Our volunteers are the driving force that ensures Coloradans are getting the vital health information they need to become more aware of, and responsible for, their health – which in turn, helps saves many lives.
Local Publicity Coordinators
District Team Leaders
Medical Office Volunteers
Special Events Volunteers
Information Regarding Specific Volunteer Positions
- Medical Volunteers: We need medical professionals who are willing to volunteer from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. during a 9Health Fair (or multiple fairs). Skilled phlebotomists are greatly desired. We also appreciate the help from registered nurses, nurse aides, paramedics, licensed practical nurses, physician’s assistants, medical doctors and many others.
- Non-Medical and Group Volunteers: We need a variety of non-medical and group volunteers who are willing to commit to at least one morning (6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.) of service at a 9Health Fair. You’ll be responsible for a variety of tasks including registration, directing traffic, interpretation, serving refreshments and more.
- Medical Site Coordinators: You’ll work on a team that plans and oversees all medical aspects of a 9Health Fair, including placement of medical screeners. Qualification – Medical professional. Requirements – MD, DO, NP, Certified Paramedic, RN or PA, EMT, LPN, DMD or DDS.
- Non-Medical Site Coordinators: You’ll work on a team that plans and oversees all the non-medical volunteers. You’ll be responsible for recruiting, managing and communicating with volunteers.
- District Team Leaders: As a district team leader, you’ll be a part of 9Health Fair’s elite leadership team. These positions require excellent organizational/leadership skills, alongside experience with leading meetings, training and supervising other volunteers. Think you have what it takes? Contact us today.
- Interpreters: We want to make sure EVERYONE can participate in a 9Health Fair, and if you’re bilingual, you can help. We need interpreters in many languages to guide participants through the fair. We seek interpreters who speak Spanish, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, American Sign Language, Mandarin, etc.
- Medical Office Volunteers (Critical and Alert Calls): During and after the fairs, we seek medical volunteers who want to help us make critical and alert calls to participants whose test results are outside normal ranges. Volunteers are needed any time between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, during April. These shifts take place at our office in Denver.
- Hotline Volunteers: If you want a more behind-the-scenes opportunity to help local participants find the answers they need, you can help us answer our busy hotline phone calls during the 9Health Fair season. Shift times vary and take place at our office in Denver. We provide breakfast and/or lunch, plus training.
We have additional volunteer opportunities for upcoming special events, outreach programs and year-round positions if you are interested in continuing to help your community on a long-term basis. Please call our Volunteer Engagement Department at (303) 698-4455 ext. 2005 to discuss the opportunity you seek.